Why start a blog? Some may say blogs are a thing of the past and twitter (or something newer) is where it’s at. However, I really enjoy reading blogs, because they are a way to have a conversation with people with similar interests that you may not run into in your daily life. I think we can contribute something to the conversation on the topics of women in science, ‘alternative’ science careers, and making work and life work. As you can see from “Who Are We?” we all started out in pretty much the same place, biology, mostly neuroscience, graduate school, and now we are all in different places. I hope this starts a fun conversation.
- A day in the life of a Mother-of-a-5-month-old/Scientist in biotech October 16, 2017
- Science administration: what’s that? September 22, 2017
- Gender exclusive STEM education? September 13, 2017
- Writing your own letter of recommendation August 23, 2017
- When Your Pregnancy is a Job Hunt, or The Amazing Community of Women in Science Part II August 17, 2017
See posts in these categoriesacademia a day in the life advice alternative career biotech bosses broken dreams communication styles confidence dream job early career scientist female scientist flexibility graduate school having it all industry job search Leaving Academia motherhood pharma postdoc professional sexism strengths and weaknesses support teaching transitions Uncategorized uncertainty women in science